Crimson Creek Farm For Sale
VAT Not Applicable
Ideal opportunity to purchase a 404-hectare mixed use farming enterprise which encompasses livestock production with 7 hectares of cherry trees. Accommodation includes a one-bedroom farmhouse with spacious loft area with several beds. This farm has abundant natural water, nine dams, arable land and has excellent grazing with several grass types. It is situated on the Steenkampsberg plateau at an altitude of 2200m above sea level and has limitless commercial possibilities.
Approximately 6 kms east of Dullstroom on the Tonteldoos gravel Road. Access is via a registered servitude. High rise vehicle would be recommended.
Quaintly nestled in the hillside overlooking four dams, the Scottish style cottage was built with natural stone sourced from the farm. The yard is fully enclosed with a stone wall and includes two storerooms / sheds, one manual double gate and four pedestrian gates.
The cottage has a L-shape patio under corrugated iron roof. The house has an open plan lounge and kitchen, and one bedroom and bathroom downstairs.
Timber stairs lead up to a loft with en suite bathroom. Covered patio around two sides of the house. Laminate flooring throughout the cottage with steel windows and steel security doors.
- There is a stone fireplace in the lounge section with exposed timber beams throughout.
- Built-in cupboards with an extra wine rack;
- Breakfast counter, double sink, electric four plate hob with an under counter stove and space for dish washer and fridge/freezer;
- Storeroom with DB box.
- Located off the kitchen area with a small built-in cupboard;
- Tiled bathroom with toilet, vanity and bath.
- Timber staircase to a very spacious open plan area, that currently accommodates 6 beds;
- Bathroom with shower, bath, toilet and vanity;
- Storeroom below the stairs.
- Sunroom located on the patio, with double cottage pane doors and prep sink.
- Single garage, currently used as a storeroom;
- Second larger shed with barn doors and cement floor. The shed is used for packing in cherry season, housing seasonal workers, tractors and machinery and contains a large chilling room as well as the security camera operation room;
- Adjoining shed has a one-bedroom staff unit and an additional room;
- 5000 lt Jojo tank that is filled with gravity fed water from a dam that is fed by springs.
This farm offers ideal cattle farming opportunities, with managed grazing that includes a holistic, rotational, intensive grazing system. This is done with a wagon wheel division of camps, each one converging onto a centre camp with access to water, supplement feed and for the ease of stock counting and management. This system of short, intense limited grazing allows an extended rest period for the balance of the grazing. And this in turn encourages the vigorous growth of the indigenous grasses, making them more palatable and eliminating the invasion of weeds etc.
- Approximately 50 kms of fencing with a well-developed 17 kms road system enabling access to every corner of the farm;
- The farm is has four wagon wheel camps within the different ecosystems. Within the wagon wheel the centre cells give access to 29 subcamps, each between 10 and 15 hectares;
- 180 to 200 cows are rotated, spending an average of 3 to 4 days in each camp and allowing the grass to rest before being grazed again;
- Livestock is counted every morning;
- There is a 3 months calving season, with a 75 percent calving rate and a weaning weight of 180 kg at 6 -7months. Weaners are reared naturally from the veld with minimal nonorganic chemicals;
- Overwinter the cattle rely on the veld without supplementary bales but with a concentrate winter lick only;
- Cattle handling facilities include a crush that can handle 25 head of cattle, loading dock, weaner kraals and drug store.
The option exists to continue with this very productive cherry orchard, that was established in 2005 when the first 950 trees were planted. All the irrigation and fertilization is done via micro systems. Once established, cherries take 4 years to come into production.
- There is currently 7 hectares established with 6.5 hectares, in full production. Each hectare consists of approximately 950 trees. It was envisaged to increase the 7 hectares by another 10 hectares. This area has been fenced off with a solar powered electric fence, a distance of 1,8 hectares, but only 7 hectares of this has been put under orchard at this stage;
- The original drip irrigation system has been replaced with micro jet system;
- The orchard was scientifically planned, developed and managed by SA Cherries from 2004 -2016. Soleil Citrus managed the orchard from 2017- 2022;
- A stone-built store for housing security staff during the picking season / tractors and implements;
- Toilets for staff.
- High to median rainfall of an average of 850 mm per year;
- Approximately 60 hectares of arable land;
- 9 dams stocked from time to time with trout and bass;
- 20 continuous flowing natural springs originate from the hills, slopes and wetlands meandering into numerous creeks, streams and dams.
No. of Bedrooms: 1
No. of Baths: 2
-Three Phase Eskom with only one transformer;
-The water supply is from a spring to a tank and from there is gravity fed to the house;
-All buildings are secured using alarm systems and CCTV cameras;
-Seasonal and permanent indigenous flowers, including the Yellow Arum Lily and eleven species of aloe;
-Various bird species;
-Small game such as rock dassies, duiker, steenbok, klipspringer, mountain reedbuck, jackal, rooikat, porcupine, serval, genet, slender and yellow mongoose, Jamesons red rock rabbit, Scrub hares and the endangered Oribi are found on the property.
-There are no staff members living on the farm;
-Cattle is not included in the sale;
-Not VAT registered.
PROPERTY RATES: R900